Monday, May 5, 2008

Bloggin'

Its difficult to blog.

At least its difficult to set up a blog. Do you agree with me? What do you really want to write about? Your life? Your hobbies? Gadgets? I mean can you imagine the time you need to spend on content creation?

Do you want to use your blog as a source of income? Or do you want it to be a personal low profile emo-blog?

Do you have the right tools for setting up a blog? Have you identified you blogging platform?
How much time are you willing to spend on the blog?


These are basic questions you need to ask yourself before you start blogging. Every blog needs to have a purpose, be it for bitchin' about the secretary or about how to green Mother Earth.

Only YOU are able to answer the questions above.

Here's a site I found which highlights some of the things I mentioned above. Hopefully it will help guide you on your way in your blog, or even LIFE! Note that this link is biased towards business blogging. Later on I will publish my own guidelines so stay tuned!

The Checklist: Getting Started
Link courtesy of MOVABLE TYPE

Happy blogging!



P/S: I've yet to find my purpose for this blog yet, but I do find a sense of accomplishment by providing useful information to others ;)



2 comments:

3POINT8 said...

wha...have search for a purpose in blogging before i start a blog?
man...
i did not set a purpose before i was born and i haven't set a purpose in life even 38 years later and now i have to set a reason before i start blogging?
*scratch head*

jc said...

kekekek a purpose is set so you have a better direction and enables you to have more focus. In your case all-purpose is also considered as ONE ;)

The Forwarder

My Photo
jc
An engineer looking for fame and fortune in all the wrong places.
View my complete profile